Tourism and Hospitality Studies (THS) is a senior form elective subject. It provides students with a solid foundation of knowledge about the industry. The profile of tourism and hospitality education, especially at the tertiary level, has developed and matured. Thus, the introduction of THS opens up opportunities for senior secondary students with a strong interest in this field to pursue their studies further.
- enhance their awareness of the importance of the tourism and hospitality industry to our society, the nation and the world;
- acquire comprehensive understanding of the tourism and hospitality industry, in particular the tourism system and aspects of hospitality skills, and personal qualities and attitudes that are valued by the industry;
- recognise the importance of their role as host residents in contributing towards the tourism and hospitality industry;
- develop the intellectual capacity for life-long learning through the application of relevant concepts and knowledge in THS to daily situations;
- appreciate the positive values and attitudes that contribute to the sustainability of the tourism and hospitality industry; and
- explore pathways for further studies in post-secondary institutions and for career development in the tourism and hospitality industry.
Medium of Instruction: Chinese
- ntroduction to Tourism
- Introduction to Hospitality
- Destination Geography
- Customer Relations and Services/Trends and Issues in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
Further Studies and Career Path of THS
- Degree, Associate Degree and Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Studies, Geography, Management, Architecture.
- Career development in Travel and Hospitality Industry, Catering Services, Transportation Industry, Government Departments, Tertiary Industry.
Panel Head/Subject Teacher: Mr. KF Tong