St. Joan of Arc Secondary School ensures equal opportunities in school admission for all eligible NCS students. We are committed to encouraging and supporting the integration of NCS students into the community by providing rewarding education services.
- Providing HKDSE curriculum
- Implementing the "Chinese Language Curriculum Second Language Learning" framework
- Using English as the medium of instruction in all subjects (except Chinese and Chinese History) in junior forms (S.1 - S.3)
- Teaching elective subjects in English in senior forms (S.4 – S.6): Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), *Geography, Economics, BAFS, Health Management and Social Care (starting from 2022/23)
- Offering other language programs including Japanese, French and Spanish as elective subjects in senior forms (S.4 – S.6)
- Adopting a range of formative and summative assessments including reports, projects, quizzes and examinations
- Adopting learner-centred and interactive pedagogy
- Emphasising "Inclusive learning environment"
- Providing supplementary and enhancement courses
- Offering a wide range of extra-curricular activities to unleash students' talents and potentials
- Enhancing sports development: soccer, archery, athletics…
- Exploring Life-wide Learning experiences: Japanese, French, STEM programmes, Drama, Arts, Sports
- Making use of IT in learning and teaching
Multiple Articulation Pathways
- Entering for GCSE Chinese Examinations, which is on par with the HKDSE Chinese Language, in S4/S5.
- Choosing to study Applied Learning Chinese (ApL(C)) for HKDSE, and/or obtaining internationally recognised alternative Chinese Language qualifications at the senior secondary level to prepare for further studies and career pursuits
- Offering tailor-made life planning programmes / services
Drama performance and experience